Date: Saturday 20th October from 2pm to 5pm (3 hours)
Teacher: Nina Monger
Our voice has the astonishing ability to instil courage and self-confidence. When we chant we open ourselves to the power of our voice with grace. Come and meet your voice through Vedic Chant.
Vedic Chanting is considered the oldest unbroken oral tradition. The sacred sounds of the Vedas unite us with the traditions of the ancient yogis while connecting us to our own heart.
The healing benefits of chanting are powerful; increasing our sense of wellbeing, improving confidence, calming and focusing our mind, healing and nourishing for our mind body and spirit.
Group chanting joins many voices to create a harmonious sound to uplift and inspire.
During this workshop you will:
- let go of the restraints that stop you from expressing yourself fully
- learn how to chant in the Vedic tradition
- understand how to use your breath to chant confidently (including om)
- use chanting to support a meditation practice
- discover a little about the Sanskrit language
- learn how to chant while practising physical yoga (āsana)
- acquire a few chants to take away and incorporate into your regular practice
- NO. YOU DO NOT NEED TO BE ABLE TO SING. Chanting is not singing!
“Chanting is a way of getting in touch with yourself. It’s an opening of the heart and letting go of the mind and thoughts. It deepens the channel of grace, and it’s a way of being present in the moment.” Krishna Das