Accessible Yoga - open the doors to your studio wider and invite more students in.
Suitable For: Yoga Teachers, Students of Yoga, Somatic Therapists of any discipline
BYO props you have and a yoga mat (I have bolsters and spares so let me know if you need anything)
Presenter: Sarah Harry, Author of "Fat Yoga, Yoga for All Bodies", psychotherapist, experienced group facilitator and Founder and Director of Fat Yoga and Body Positive Australia
Cost: $85 (notes included)
Accessibility is key in attracting the students we need to sustain and grow our yoga teaching. When yoga seems out of reach via so much media saturation of one "yoga body" we lose people who would gain so much from this beautiful practice.
Accessibility invites them back. But it starts with us.
What will I learn?
- An introduction to language and why it matters in your classes
- Explore the current barriers which may be in place in your profile or your studio
- Have quick dive into social media and what works (and what doesn't!)
- Understand what multi level teaching is and how to apply it experientially
- Learn how simple and accessible small changes will make your teaching
- Break down some classic Asana you would like into quick and easy "ladder"
Note: A longer training will be offered later in the year to explore the different elements at our disposal for example: walls, chairs and beds
Note: This is a Trauma Sensitive and Body Positive Practice and LGTBQI friendly environment.
Contact Sarah o412128115 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more info